The good list for today, Tuesday, Oct. 14:
1. The (very) reluctant and displeased willingness of my boss to allow me a leave of absence on short notice that I need.
2. The shit that came out of my client’s mouth and shared with others behind my back (a) being overheard by me in a moment of perfect timing and (b) occurring at my shift’s end, freeing me to get away ASAP rather than endure the day.
3. A gift that allows me to take a leave of absence. So needed. So dare I say deserved? I dare not yet sure would like to believe it.
4. Freedom from my client, the darkness and the bondage that is that job. At this deeply and uniquely special time.
5. Fine weather. Mighty fine! I marvel each day at the sun and blue sky (in majority). Except to never shake off fully the deep deep doldrums and depression wrought by the Pacific Northwest climate. Might as well ask one to forget his or her worst nightmare. Which makes each day in Colorado all the more blessed.